Last lottie visit of the year.....


We haven't been to the allotment for a couple of months.  Sad but true.

The snow, bitter cold and busy schedule has let us forget our lovely plot.

She has sat forgotten, just growing and waiting for our return.

And today we did. 

My memory, and I think it was the boys memory, of lottie was back in late Autumn... sun drenched.  Pink Cosmos swaying in the breeze, cheese sandwich munching in the grass... and now she is a faded shadow of her former self.

I forgot how much I love it up here... it was only when I put on my wellies, and had the spade under foot did I remember.

First job for me, to dig up some parsnips for New Years Day lunch.


Our first allotment Parsnips...

Dan's first job was to play with his new toy... a Kelly Kettle (storm kettle).  He has wanted one of these for ever... he can now brew a cuppa in 3 minutes flat...!



Brilliant gadget... perfect for the allotment brew.

Our sprouts had been a bit pecked by the pigeons, I don't mind, I bet it must have been good to eat during the snow.  They did leave us the most important part.




So after taking from our lovely plot, I felt on our last visit of 2010, I shoud put something in.  Something to harvest next year.

I planted several rows of garlic.




We are still going through the garlic we harvested this summer.  6 bulbs of which I re-planted today.  Hopefully we will have enough to see us through until these are ready in July.

So, my lovely lottie.  Happy New Year.. I have big plans for you... here's to another summer of plenty.

x

Labels: ,