Four...


Four years ago today you took us by surprise and announced your arrival..
Four years ago today you were born quietly in our bed.  Without help, without the need of drama, just the 3 of us, you, me and Daddy.
Four years ago today Daddy was the first person to see you, and hold you.
Four years ago today I looked at you and named you Rufus funny face, I couldn't see who you looked like, and now I know it's me.
Four years ago today I was sitting on this sofa, with you held in my arms, the sunlight was streaming in through the window.  I felt alive, euphoric, happy.  Happy to have such a beautiful beautiful son.
Yes four years ago today you changed our lives so incredibly... you were in a rush to come and see us, wanting to know the world, explore, see everything... you haven't changed a bit.
Rufus you are the most happy, strong, big hearted, adventurous, fearless and kind little boy....
You make our family whole...
We love you.
Happy Birthday little man.
x

Labels: ,