lino printing









This morning I spent a few hours carving intricate print blocks out of lino with limb severing tools.
Printing in neon pink and marvelling at the wonders of Lino Printing.
My lovely friend Mel, was running her ever popular Lino Printing workshop at Paper Village -(my local craft and workshop space).
Mel guided us through inspiring images, the tools and techniques of her trade, before she let us loose on the blank lino.
I had been drawing feathers for a couple of weeks now and thought this would make a great print.
I had under estimated the amount of detail and time my illustration would take to transform into a printable image. So several hours later I had cut and dug out my feather and it was ready for the printing.
I choose Neon Magenta Pink - of course I did!
And played around with the amount of ink and pressure til I was happy with my final result.
Others in the workshop managed to print birds, cats, a crab, peas in a pod and a bike - all looking marvellous.
I might have a go at printing more at home... the feather could make an appearance in my shop.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

For more information on workshops at the Paper Village please visit their website here.. up coming workshops include:  mixed media, knitting, cross stitch, needle felting & rubber stamp making.

Thanks Mel and Vic for a fun morning.
x

P.S. - don't forget to enter my giveaway!  You could win some loveliness for your wall.

Labels: