Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: nature in the home - a series Google+ -->

nature in the home - a series



I have always loved this room.
I saw it on old brand new blog last year and came across it again recently on Pinterest.
It's the mix of gorgeous furniture and that plant!
The plant is called 'mother in law's tongue' - great name eh?
The striking leaves and that pot really makes the room, don't you think?  Imagine the room without it, it just wouldn't have the same impact.
I would love to have this plant and pot in my home.
x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful room...love the plant, I used to have a 'mother in laws tounge' they take little looking after and mind grew so big and tall I had to sadly find it a new home!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too fab for words that the seventies iconic MILT plant is back in a big way. It really looks like a fossil from another time.

    I've missed your blog, Lou. Been swamped with "other stuff" so not getting time to pop in these days. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah bless you hun! You know you are welcome here ALL the time. xxx

      Delete
  3. Ah, good old Sansevieria! Amercians call it the Snake Plant, I think it's just us 'colonials' that call it 'Mother in Laws Tongue'.

    We have two in our place, thinking of adding a larger third. I to swoon at the thought of owning one of those case study/gainey planters.

    Completely off topic, Lou, I love the pic of you in the top left, makes me smile every time I pop over to catch up on your antics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt, you really do say the nicest things! thank you my friend! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Weird name ha! but love how it looks!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Eames rocker... Always wanted one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this image x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x