Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: happy weekend... Google+ -->

happy weekend...




And it's Friday, again... I am very happy about it too.  This short week back at school has been tiring and emotional. Both Charlie and I are happy to have 2 days back as a family again.

Feeling like this does make me question why I send them to school?  I would love to have the opportunity for a year out.  A year of un-schooling, a huge family adventure. Rent our home out here and rent a house somewhere in the south of France for year.  Have an orchard, some chickens... free range eggs and free range kids... a BIG dream.

*sigh* - I have actually been looking at houses on the internet.  I am serious!! (although I haven't worked out  what we would do for money yet).

Anyway... enough dreaming.  This weekend we are seeing two of our lovely friends tie the knot. It shall be a beautiful ceremony and so good to see faces again.

What are your plans?  Enjoying some sunshine I hope?
Whatever you are doing... have the biggest fun.
x

12 comments:

  1. That is a pretty terrific idear Lou! I fantasize about super duper off the grid existence! There would be something wonderful about your life's adventure actually being an adventure! Shoot now you got me dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I indulge in this dream too Lou, though for me it's New Zealand, because Frank would be able to get work there - and we wouldn't have to learn another language! One of the main reasons we haven't done it (apart from money of course!) is that I reckon we wouldn't want to come back - and it's such a long way away, we would miss family too much....but it's a beautiful dream. Have a great weekend, hope you enjoy the wedding! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do it! God knows how we've done it for 7 years! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy wonderful weekend to you too! My just turned four year started reception and even though it is only half days till Jan, I know that this changes everything! I so get how tiring emotionally it has been! The house feels lonely and if I wasn't fast approaching forty, I would be tempted to have another little one! Love D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could we go halves on renting a Chateau?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that image Lou- dreams we all need them, and some of them come true too, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Dreaming.........x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I have the same dreams,we often look homes in France : )

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lou, I know exactly how you feel. There is a strong argument for taking them out fore a year - they would learn SO much. I sometimes (in weak moments) dream about home schooling but know this would drive the whole family crazy. Kids need their time away from us with the buds. It's just so hard for us mummies!

    Enjoy your weekend. IT's hot and sunny here and we are off for a picnic in the Yorkshire Dales. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been a wreck about Coco starting school all summer - one more week to go... I've been musing the year out idea for a while too, we do have the power to do things a little differently even if it sometimes feels like it's impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would be amazing! But you'd never want to come back (and I'd miss you x)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, how amazing would that be! Free range eggs and free range life sounds idyllic :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x