whole food living...


Image via here
I've been feeling so ill this week.  Listless, splitting sinus headaches, holding my body in a bad way, and not having an ounce of energy to give to anyone.  I can't hug - or be hugged.  Now that's bad!  It's a virus, I know, and hopefully this weekend it will come to an end... I just need some rest.  But feeling this way it has made me think about my diet, and what I am giving my body to help restore my bounce.  And beyond.

For Lent I have given up bread.  I am not a deeply religious person and have never given anything up for Lent before, but this year I felt like I needed to change the way I eat.  For decades I have reached for the loaf for a comforting marmite on toast after the school run, or pick at the crust whilst cooking, or grab a quick sandwich in between working and kids.  No more - it had to stop.
I think I was addicted to bread.  It made me bloat, put on weight and feel sluggish, but I just couldn't stop.

Until now - STOP EATING IT, LOU!

Ahhh that's better.  So it's been just over a week and although I feel poorly (could it be withdrawl symptoms?) my stomach has gone down and I am getting over that need for snacking.

I've been looking at some amazing blogs with recipes for Wholefood.  This blog My New Roots is giving me a great source of inspiration.  I am starting to change my old habits and turn over a new dietary leaf.  Today I am making my own Granola, this recipe looks delicious and super easy.  It is going to be long journey and one that I hope will become a way of life.  I want to equip my children with a better understanding of food and change their tastes too.  Goodbye Mr Waffle and Mr Fish Finger!!!

Have you come across a good whole food recipe blog, can you let me know?
Do you eat whole?  Have you kicked bread or sugar in to touch?
Let me know... I need some help!
Also I will start to post some recipes here too.

Have a lovely weekend!
x

Labels: ,