Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Foraged, a gift for a friend... Google+ -->

Foraged, a gift for a friend...



This week I foraged for my Nature in the Home series. All of these beautiful blooms I found in my back yard.  I was astonished when I actually trained my eye past the plastic toys that lay discarded from a boy game.

Tiny yellow flowers of the Cow Slip and the bluest of blue of the Forget me Knot and Muscari, pushing up through the soil.  I think these two colours are Spring; Yellow and Blue.  I picked some foliage, long curly fronds of the Honeysuckle and the Winter Flowering Jasmine, it adds to the bouquet, giving it height and interest.  

Tied with a simple twine bow I gave it to my dear friend who has been feeling under the weather.  I love that small pickings foraged from my yard bought her joy.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; 
they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
Botanist Luther Burbank

I will be back tomorrow with this weeks link up...

12 comments:

  1. lou those are beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it made your friend feel a whole lot better, they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely thoughts for a friend. Love your new profile photo! So lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love this as a gift - so special xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou, that is the prettiest little posey. Clever lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers and what a nice thought for your friend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers and words xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing nicer than a dear friend who has taken the time and heart to forage flowers for you, when you are feeling poorly. You are so sweet. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely! Flowers make me the happiest!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely lou. i love the word forage :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x