Summer on my mind...




Ah this weekend has been beautiful.. sunshine, blue skies, blissed out and spent outside.
I have been longing for this moment all winter.  It feels like forever since I sat on the grass and watched the seagulls soar up into the blue.

I've started dreaming.  Dreaming of summer, actual hot sunny days and balmy nights.  Of sleeping under the stars, rock pooling on beaches, the smell of sun cream on my brown skin.  Boys in shorts and dirty feet, barbecues, and sundowners.

BLISS

I've been mentally making a list of things I HAVE to do... I need to write them down so I don't forget.  A little list before the main summer list I do every year.  So here goes:

* Go to Wilderness Festival.  It is the stuff of dreams.  The clip above is making me long for it.  I need to bathe in that lake, go to the Toast lakeside spa, and feast on delicious food.  Yep it's a grown up festival for just me & Dan or maybe just me and my friends (not the kids).

* Stay in a beach cottage in Cornwall.  I love the Rockpool Beach Chalet - close to St Ives and footsteps from the white sands of Gwithian Beach.  Perfect for family fun.

* Visit Giffords Circus again.  Last years show was one of my Summer highlights.

* Go to Legoland - I must be pestered daily by the boys, so yes we have to go otherwise I won't hear the end of it.

* Stay in a dome at the beautiful Coldatnight in West Wales.  We were meant to go at Easter, but sadly had to cancel because of my eye infection.  So we need to go!

* Travel northwards and go to THE family festival Just so Festival.  This one looks perfect to entertain the little uns.

* Camp with friends, have big al fresco meals and watch our kids run wild through the fields

* Wild swim in the sea at every opportunity

* Wear my saltwaters every day

* Spend time at the allotment, growing, cooking and eating

Enjoy every minute.

What are you summer wish list plans?

Labels: