Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: House love... Google+ -->

House love...








I love this home!
A plant in every room.  The great detail in the styling.The mix of contemporary and vintage art work, collected flea market finds sit very well next to modern large pieces of furniture.  The gentle muted colour pallet of white and wood.  It is oh so delicious... I'd move in now!

This is the home of Travis and Maike McNeill.  Set in the beautiful Cape Town in my old neighbourhood of Observatory.  Perhaps I've walked past this place without realising it. (I lived and worked in Cape Town for 8 months many many moons ago - fun times).

For more images and interview please hop over to Design Sponge.

In other news... my May Loves list is up... go take a look.  And I've got a few posts to write up on our past few weekend adventures, but I just haven't found the time.... I blame the sunshine! :)  I will get on with these soon.

Have a lovely week.

12 comments:

  1. so much to love about this!...that bedroom is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot - and I think that is the IKEA rug I´m going to get for our livingroom. Classic one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in a house like this. And in addition, my mother had a sunroom with over 20 plants in there. I remember counting them one time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay Lou! Yes, it's a lovely home, friends of ours with a joint plant love. Maike has just opened a new store here in Cape Town, I shot some image of it here: http://www.smallroar.co.za/in-good-company-opens-in-cape-town/

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the natural wood and plants. also the sea glass on your love list is amazing! As are those dahlias - i am just starting some off in pots at the moment, but very dark red ones. Anyway - I must stop procrastinating and get some work done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of a plant in every room, might need to try that one. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! Especially that sofa and rug x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is great! I really, really want her bag/satchel/carry-all. wantitsobad. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lights and space - thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, its a gorgeous house! Even more exciting that its in south africa..im south african so this makes me proud! Were you born over there or just worked there? Its exciting finding more south african bloggers! Im in melbourne! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely home. Reminds of how many plants I had before I had children. Over 70 I think. Now, it's down to about three. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x