June...


Image by Kevin Russ from his Society 6 shop
It's JUNE!
Oh blissful summer you have finally arrived.... (sincere apologies to my southern hemisphere friends, but finally it is our turn to have some warmth).
We have returned home from 2 weeks of holidays... in two different regions of the UK.  Feeling fresh and energised.  I actually have a bit of a tan, I know in the UK!!
Spending these past weeks outside, in glorious nature, wild beaches, buttercup covered meadows, under canopies of leafy woodlands, walking through carpets of wild flowers it has been a pleasure to holiday in the UK in May.  But coming back to our home in the city our urban courtyard looked shabby, dull and devoid of plants.  Gasp!
Yes... me, plant lover, I need plants!!
So, this weekend Dan and I have painted, planted and skipped the rubbish from our garden.  It is looking a whole lot better, but to be honest it isn't that great.

I have a whole list of things...
* flooring - paving, cobbled or decked.  Anything to cover the concrete.  Or do I paint it?
* new parasol
* plants - most of our plants died this winter in the snow
* outdoor lighting
* BBQ

Help!  Suggestions please.

.........................................................................
In other news, my JUNE LOVE LIST is up over there on the right, go see and enjoy!

Oh and this print above is by the stunningly talented Kevin Russ.  He spent a year living in his car, driving around the USA taking images of nature all on his Iphone.  I discovered him on instagram about a year ago, and have loved every image he has taken.  He has blown me away.  Some of his images are available to buy on Society 6.  I love this one above, and need it for my bedroom.  And I want to get the Buffalo for the boys room.


Labels: ,