Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Nature in the Home - Autumn week 1 Google+ -->

Nature in the Home - Autumn week 1





#natureinthehome Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog - Autumn garland


So, here we are Week 1 of the Autumn term of Nature in the Home.  I am so excited to see what you are planning, what you have found, who is playing... I do hope someone will play! Eeek sudden attack of the nerves!

Anyway (talking to myself!), last Thursday during the teachers one day protest, we spent the afternoon in the park, gathering lots of autumn colour.  Once home, Charlie and I strung them on thread using a needle and made this simple autumn garland.

All his doing.  He loved the process.  Choosing what leaf next, and then finally where to hang it.  I did mention that it would turn into a crisp once the burner was lit, but he didn't mind.

It's very pretty, and I totally loved doing it with them.  From the running and finding the prettiest red leaf to talking through the design.  Having the boys involved made the project fun.

I am thinking of having a few DIY tutorials here each week.  Maybe with some exciting guest contributors... watch this space!

Don't forget if you are on Instagram you can join in with the hastag #natureinthehome or #nith.




And for more inspiration (if you need any) please have a look at my Botanical pinterest board.  I am thinking it might be great to have a group board.  One we can all pin our projects and inspiration to. Let me know if you think this is a good idea.

So... how did you get on?

13 comments:

  1. Your natural garland is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! So glad it's back :) What a gorgeous garland! Yes, a collaborative Pinterest board sounds ace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your garland, its so pretty. Glad to be taking part in a new series and love the idea of a group pinterest board! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great garland - I don't get to play in the same way now my son is more grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the garland....I think once I show my girls they will set off to make one themselves!

    I've missed this series - glad it's back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful garland! And it would be so easy to make a new one once it dries out. We saw lots of glorious nuts hanging from trees when we went out for a drive yesterday that I thought would look lovely in a vase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your garland. I've been following these posts all over blogland for awhile now and I'm thinking I might try to join. I have to see what I have to bring in right now, though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yipeee it's back! The garland is lovely - I made something similar last year and was very sad when it shrivelled up. I'd hoped it might last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lou
    I love this sweet simple yet beautiful idea. I am so looking forward to taking part in this next series xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty garland & so glad for the return of the series. A group board is a fab idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the garland against the mirror - double the loveliness! Looking forward to getting stuck in to Nature in the Home once more! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad this little series of yours has returned for autumn, it's one I really enjoy. Looking forward to joining in again someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! Hoping to join in with this as autumn is my favourite season. I'll be foraging around the garden for bits tomorrow now :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x