Nature in the Home - Autumn week 1





#natureinthehome Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog - Autumn garland


So, here we are Week 1 of the Autumn term of Nature in the Home.  I am so excited to see what you are planning, what you have found, who is playing... I do hope someone will play! Eeek sudden attack of the nerves!

Anyway (talking to myself!), last Thursday during the teachers one day protest, we spent the afternoon in the park, gathering lots of autumn colour.  Once home, Charlie and I strung them on thread using a needle and made this simple autumn garland.

All his doing.  He loved the process.  Choosing what leaf next, and then finally where to hang it.  I did mention that it would turn into a crisp once the burner was lit, but he didn't mind.

It's very pretty, and I totally loved doing it with them.  From the running and finding the prettiest red leaf to talking through the design.  Having the boys involved made the project fun.

I am thinking of having a few DIY tutorials here each week.  Maybe with some exciting guest contributors... watch this space!

Don't forget if you are on Instagram you can join in with the hastag #natureinthehome or #nith.




And for more inspiration (if you need any) please have a look at my Botanical pinterest board.  I am thinking it might be great to have a group board.  One we can all pin our projects and inspiration to. Let me know if you think this is a good idea.

So... how did you get on?

Labels: ,