Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Advent Calender 2013... a woodland forest... Google+ -->

Advent Calender 2013... a woodland forest...

Advent Calendar - #advent #christmas #vintage www.littlegreenshed.blogspot.co.uk

So here it is.  Our advent Calendar for this year.  Very different from last year.  Here's how I did it.


Materials:

  • White boxes (bought on Ebay)
  • Vintage woodland illustrations found via the internet
  • Scissors
  • Small number stickers (bought on Ebay)
  • Star hole punch
  • Gold foil card
  • Brush
  • Mod Podge or PVA glue


1.  Firstly I found lots of woodland images & one of Father Christmas on the internet.  Using photoshop, re-sized and made black and white.  Printed them out on thick paper.
2. Cut round them and stuck them to the white boxes using the mod podge.
3. Punched out gold stars for the front.
4. Added the number sticker to the boxes
5. Filled with goodies.

You will notice that not all 25 days are there.  I only have space for 8 boxes, so a week at a time will be available, re-using the boxes and changing the number on the box with a new sticker.

Inside:

1. Stamped addressed envelopes to Father Christmas + chocolates
2. Chocolate Coins
3. Lego Mini Figures
4. Felt pens
5. Chocolate Coins
6. Stickers
7. Tea Lights - we are going on a lantern parade through the neighbourhood
8. A picture of a bicycle and a lego Santa - meeting the big man in Red via bike
9. Chrismas Cards to write to their friends at school
10. Chocolate Coins
12. Top Trumps game
13. Candy Canes for the tree
14. Lego tree - we are collection our Christmas tree
15. Tracing paper to make window snowflakes
16. Bauble for the tree
17. Popcorn to watch Polar Express
18. Lego Mini Figure
19. Tea Light for solstice lanterns
20.  Marshmallows - Hot Choc after school to celebrate end of term
21. Party Hat - Christmas Craft party with friends
22. Train tickets - off to see the Panto in Bath with Grandparents.
23. Candy Canes
24. Star and snowflakes cutters to make biscuits



I LOVE the results - and so do the boys!  Bouncing off the walls they can't wait for tomorrow.

Did you make one?  Have you an heirloom passed down through the family, or did you buy one?  I'd love to see.  How about linking up below, so we can all hop around and see.

Love it if you join me.



24 comments:

  1. Love it! I'll add a link later in the week - mine's drawn on the kitchen blackboard.
    I really like the animals you've printed and the fact that they're monochrome.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Lou! x Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely!! Great idea to use those boxes..and all those animals are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous30.11.13

    Wow Luly! That looks stunning. Wish I was age 7 again!!

    M xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so beautiful, so simple but yet full of details. You can't go wrong with monochromatic colours, and the illustrations are so cute! (do you mind if I ask where did you get them from?). Lovely work x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it - very pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful Lou, I love the black and white illustrations and that's such a good idea to reuse the boxes. Lovely idea for a link up too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lou, you have outdone yourself. It's fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nell - it was simple really. A middle of the night brainwave. :) xx

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous! And such a good idea using boxes too. About the only thing I can fit into my little advent calendar bags is a chocolate. (Well, that's my excuse for using lots of chocolate anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jesus Lou, you've shown me right up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha... too much time on my hands! ;) xx

      Delete
  11. I love your advent calendar ... so lovely ... I use one we have had since the little ones were younger and fill it with promises of christmassy things to do, the odd choccie treat and the occasional small toy ... I haven't got a specific post about it this year but blogged about it last Christmas ... would it be okay to add that post to your link up ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bee! Of course. I'd love to see ALL advent calendars, old, new, passed down, handmade or bought. ALL are welcome. xxx

      Delete
  12. It's wonderful Lou. Next year I'll make one. Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, Lou! I am so impressed that you make a different calendar each year. This one is particularly lovely. Thanks for another fab link up. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, Lou! That is wonderful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've added last year's post (and I'm using the calendar again this year)
    I like the size of your boxes better - my matchboxes are just too small!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lou, Your calendar looks beautiful! I love the way it decorates the mantelpiece and forms a wintery scene. And thanks for the link up I added mine earlier, it's lovely to be able to see what everyone has made.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It really is beautiful, I love your Father Christmas particularly. I wish I had a fireplace so much. I have joined in with your linky, thanks for giving me the impetus to get a post written!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous advent calendar, although I loved your one from last years too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my - that is stunning! Will you make me one?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x