Home Inspiration - Fireplace

Image from here via Toast
This image was from Toast's Christmas brochure last year.  I love this image so much.  I can smell those beeswax candles burning and feel the warmth of the fire, as I cosy up on a big sofa surrounded by comfy cushions, soft sheepskins and warm blankets.

Yes - Winter time heaven.

But in reality, my home isn't a rustic farmhouse cottage, it's a Victorian Terraced home in Bristol.  I do have a log burner though.  I was made redundant a few years ago, and with the redundancy package I splurged and had a burner installed.  Best decision I ever made.

In the evenings I sit on the rug in front of the slate hearth and set to lighting the fire.  I love the whole process (I get annoyed when Dan does it, it's my job!).  I love the gathering of wood for the store.  Visiting the farm get our Winter haul. Stacking the wood.

I love the sound of the fire, the crackle, the roaring woosh! as the paper flares up.  The smell and the warmth.  It makes Winter bearable.  Makes our lounge alive with light, and sound.  It is perfect.

I am on the hunt for a simple log basket.  At the moment the logs are just in a pile on the hearth, just a bit messy for my liking.  Here a few I quite like...

log baskets

log baskets by lou-archell 

1. Africa Basket via pinterest
2. Wire basket from Ferm Living
3. Zinc basket from pinterest
4. Wire basket from Garden Trading Co
5. Wire basket from Decorators Notebook

Do you have a fire?  What do you use for your wood?

Note to self... get some beeswax candles!

Labels: ,