Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Nature in the Home - Autumn/Winter week 6... Google+ -->

Nature in the Home - Autumn/Winter week 6...


winter flowering viburnum in a vintage bottle #christmas # winter www.littlegreenshed.blogspot.co.uk

Week 6!  Wowzers time flies eh?
This week I visited a beautiful new shop in the seaside town of Clevedon.  Not far from Bristol.  The shop 19 Alexandra Road is a beautiful mix of vintage and handmade.  Carefully curated by the sisters Becky and Victoria Saunders.  I could have bought lots and lots of beautiful things there.  I came away with this gorgeous old apothecary bottle and the vintage bauble.

So for this weeks Nature in the Home my entry includes my new finds (I know it is a bit early for the bauble, but I love it), in the bottle are sprigs of winter flowering Viburnum.  The smell is divine.  So nice to have these delicate pink blooms in the house, makes a change from oranges, reds and yellows of Autumn.

Edit:  I've had a an idea!  How about we make a collective weekly contribution on the run up to Christmas - all making the similar thing.  There are 4 weeks (including Christmas Day) of Nature in the Home to come, so 4 weeks of making:

Week 1 - A table centre piece (a jar of greenery, a simple sprig?)
Week 2 - Garlands, something for the wall.
Week 3 - Wreath (indoors or Outdoors)
Week 4 - The Tree!

You have full artistic license on these rough themes, so it is up to you - but I thought it could be good fun, no?  As the fourth week lies on Christmas Day, I think I shall do it a couple of days early.  So the 23rd December.

Don't forget to add your entry to our group pinboard.  If you'd like to join in with the pinning please leave a comment with your Pinterest name, where I can find you.

Last week was a bumper week - a bounty of nature and some super cute ideas too!  Thank you.  How did you do this week?

See you next week!



14 comments:

  1. I don't think it's too early for a little golden Christmas sparkle ;-) love the bottle too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage bottle, and the golden bauble it's perfect. Lou, I have joined the Pinterest board but I can't find the way to pin into it, please help! (sorry for my lack of social media knowledge) :-) thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica - what is your pinterest name? Or give me a link to you. We need to follow each other, do you follow me? Once I've got that I'll invite you to pin. x

      Delete
    2. Hi Lou, my Pinterest name is Jessica Rebelo, this is the link, thank you! http://www.pinterest.com/JessicaRebelo/
      x

      Delete
  3. I like your weekly themes - I'll give it a shot!

    I'm on pinterest - Jill Foley. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely little arrangement Lou. I shall have to look out for that shop in Clevedon, it's somewhere I go fairly regularly, to scoot along the front (boys), and for a scramble on the beach and a browse in the community bookshop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful.
    that bottle is fantastic!
    excited for the 4 weeks of making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bottle! And looking forward to the next 4 weeks x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea, I don't do pinterest unfortunately. May do as a link back to your blog? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this combination of bottle, flower and bauble…so delicate and gorgeous.
    Just discovered this link up, will inspire me to bring some nature into our home. Look forward to joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dear little gold bauble - perfect! Really looking forward to the collaborative four weeks of Christmas NITH :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bottle & the bauble ~ so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I just wanted to ask if you could add me to the Pinterest board - http://www.pinterest.com/kellyfairy Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x