|Image by Luisa Brimble|
Oh tis the season to be merry and light!!
December is always a busy month, days packed with adventure and magic - trying to squeeze in Christmas activities and see friends and family. I thought it would be fun to do a little festive round up of things we are doing and what you can do too. Some are local events, and others are global... so all can get involved.
- Join the lantern parade. Our local community and schools are coming together on Saturday for lantern parade through the streets.
- Visit Father Christmas! Possibly the best thing about Christmas is seeing the wonder in your childs face when talking to Santa. It's the best! Two really good ones locally are - National Trust Tyntesfield and Sustrans Cycle Ride
- Give to people in need. The homeless and the vulnerable - be a caring citizen and give to someone who needs it this year.
- Visit the Theatre. Lots of beautiful children's christmas productions are touring the country at this time of year. Some good ones locally are: The Little Match Girl at the Wardrobe Theatre, Sinbad at the Tobacco Factory, The Little Mermaid at the Bristol Old Vic and Moominland Winter and the Egg, Theatre Royal, Bath.
- Donate toys and clothes to the charity shop.
- Go for a skate - Ice-skating is such a wonderful family event at Christmas. We are heading to the rink by @Bristol in Bristol centre.
- Chop down your Christmas tree. As a family we LOVE doing this. Sadly our farm which we've visited for 10 years has now closed. So we have found a new one, just outside Bristol.
- Go caroling. Not door to door, as that is annoying. But join in with a choir on the street. It's so uplifting.
- Christmas shopping at a local craft market. Every town has one nowadays. Support your local artist. Bristol is such a creative city and two good ones are Made in Bristol at the Colston Hall and Christmas at the Orangery
- See the Christmas lights switch on.
- Be aware of your neighbours who may be alone this Christmas. A card and some mince pies will make someone's day.
- Gather in greenery, red berries, ivy - make a beautiful centre piece or great swags over a mirror like this.
- Take time to have a night out with your friends, indulge in spicy cocktails and really laugh loud!
Have a lovely festive season - it really is the most wonderful time of the year!