How do you sleep?

Image via Cup of Jo
Our bedroom is in the attic.  Low ceilings, required a low bed.  We bought a cheap one from Ikea years ago, when we vacated the master bedroom and gave it to our growing sons.  The bed is ok. Does what it needs to do. But it is without a headboard.

I know there is a huge trend at the moment for no headboards.  Masses of messy pillows and cushions adorn unmade beds in photo shoots. BUT I love Jo's bed.  I love the pillows all neatly stacked against that big mustard coloured squishy headboard.  I can imagine sitting there reading a book, with a glass of wine next to me.  Or curled up with the kids reading Harry Potter.  It's a grown up bed and I want to be grown up!

Yes, I want that bed.  Headboard, lights, pillows, bison... et al.

How about you, do you have a headboard?

This post was written in association with Carpet Right.  All words are my own.

Labels: , ,