Ok - so I have a little problem. I am sure we all feel like this some time. Not a biggie, I just need some help, some direction.
I need some new clothes. I have spent many many hours on-line searching and searching for items that fit my criteria:
* well made (i.e. not going to fall apart after a few washes)
* timeless (I want to buy now and wear it still in 5 years time)
* not too young (I'm middle aged don't you know! and no using the word mutton)
* yet good for my low budget
Too much to ask?
Most high street shops are either designed for the young, or are too dowdy or drab. I cannot stand clothes from Next, Primark, or any of those other cheap brands.
Gap is dull as dishwater, and I am finding Zara is designed for tall skinny women (I am neither of those people).
It's my own fault - I've been skimming through the images of Closet Visit
and I feel my wardrobe needs a dose of CPR after looking at these stunning women and their quirky, uber cool style. I know the majority of what they have is vintage, but you need to have bags of time to scour the net or vintage shops for that perfect item. Time I just don't have.
I need a personal shopper. A style guru to take my under their wing.
I HATE MY CLOTHES!
My wish list of items:
1. A good breton top (loose fit, good quality fabric, traditional French in style)
2. An emerald green cardigan / top
3. A tunic dress with pockets (navy)
4. Denim shirt
5. Leopard print pumps
6. Swedish hasbeen ankle boots (I know, too much money, but I want a pair thanks to Jane Foster and her painted stairs!)
7. Several beaded necklaces
8. Blazer / Jacket
9. A long black skirt
Is that too much to ask for?
Where do you shop?
If you own a vintage shop - please help me!